Monday 8 March 2010

Stars in my eyes!

Today was a public holiday in Tasmania for 8 hour day, it recognises when Tassie joined the rest of Australia in working an 8 hour day. It meant I didn't have to go to my regular day job but it didn't stop me from having to do all those boring chores around the house, you know the ones, all the work we do and don't get paid for! Anyway it wasn't all chores, I did manage some stitching time.

I signed up for Marg Low's Christmas Club and the first pattern arrived last Friday. There's two very cute table runners to do. I raided my stash and found some fabric suitable for the Checkerboard Star  runner. I completed this in no time.
(OOps just realised I quilted all the checkers, it's supposed to be the background squares only!)

I hope to do the Rusty Bells Star Runner soon.... Yeah and I know, Angel's Story too.

Bloghop over to Marg's blog, she does some beautiful work and some projects include the gorgeous buttons and embellishments created by Theodora Cleave.

Marg Low and Gail Pan are both coming to The Quilted Crow's Autumn Gathering on the 27th March, I'm looking forward to another fun day with stitching friends!

14 comments:

Elyte said...

Your block has come up beautifully. I have only just found Marg Low's blog. I like her work. The girls and I have planned a trip to a quilt show in rural Victoria next week end, in Shepparton. And today we found out that in Violet Town (sort of on the way) there will be an inaugural Quilt Airing with lots of quilts and traders. Marg has mentioned it in her blog and she will be there. So we have a long day planned next Saturday. Can't wait. Your parcel should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

Kate said...

I love the runner. So wish I was coming to the gathering, alas with DH away working and Mum and Dad in Melbourne that weekend it means I can't join in on the fun :( I'll be at the next definately

Stina Blomgren said...

Fun fun things happends ... lovely mail.. public holiday... stitching and an upcoming very FUN happening...:o) Enjoy!!

Kris said...

Your Marg Lowe day sounds fun! I am going to her Sth Aussie day in April. I'm really looking forward to it!

Fee said...

That table runner is gorgeous Jo and I love the fabrics you have chosen. Did you say Angel Story? I think that one lives in a tub here somewhere to - I must do something about it.

wonderwoman said...

what a lovely runner Jo - i know what you mean about doing all those boring jobs first tho!!!

xxx

Sue-Anne said...

Your star runner looks great Jo. I've seen the one with the bells and its fantastic. Wish I was coming to the Quilted Crow! It is my favourite stall at the Quilt Convention in Melbourne.

Susan In Texas said...

I think it looks terrific just the way it is! Think of the extra quilting as your own personalization. ;)

Happy quilting,
Susan
http://susanintexas.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

Your runner looks great Jo. The quilted crow's gathering would be so much fun. Lucky girl.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Love your runner Jo! The Marg Low Christmas Club sounds very tempting
Look forward to seeing you again at the gathering!
Lisa

Unknown said...

Wow quick work and it looks so lovely !

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Your runner looks lovely....might have to sign up for the Christmas Club!
Jane.

Lorraine said...

Well...thanks for that....I have been thinking about Marg's Christmas Club for ages and seeing your star project gave me the push I needed to sign up...! Have fun on the 27th.....am hoping to get to Tassie for a Gathering one day....!!

Micki said...

Your runner is wonderful! I envy you your planned trip to the quilt show...Have fun!
Micki