Thursday 29 October 2009

Pressies from Valerie

About time I show you the lovely goodies Valerie gave me. This gorgeous egg cupboard which is stylishly holding my fabrics at the moment was handmade by Valerie and her lovely hubby.

Valerie also bought me some xmas pressies and I had to open them whilst she was present and here they are, a beautiful whiskers and wings doll, it's even more lovely in real life


and a tea light holder that her hubby made from a wine barrel stave, I guess they come across a few of these in the Barossa Valley


Valerie is a very talented lady, she also does beautiful folk art, scrapbooking and is mother to three beautiful children. We met in High School and after over 15 years out of contact we found still have a strong bond. Maybe it was all those long hikes we did in Army Cadets where we got to share many laughs together that has made our friendship so strong, not too mention I think we're kindred spirits. Love you Valerie and I hope to visit next July!


4 comments:

Sandi said...

Lovely gifts Jo. So nice that you have kept in contact with your school friend.

wonderwoman said...

what lovely gifts - the little cupboard is brilliant!

xx

Teresa said...

Wow you got some gorgeous gifts.. It must be wonderful to catch up..

Jules said...

I just thought I would pop by to say hi. Havent commented for ages. I have popped in to read just haven't said anything. Hope you are well. Happy crafting.

Jules