Tuesday 7 July 2009

What's been happening in my neck of the woods

In the mail last week I received the prize I won from Capricorn Quilts, a magic little star to applique on my Once Upon a Time BOM block. Thank-you Bea!!Now I'm a wee bit behind on these as I've been distracted by a little quilt I've been making for a workmate whose due to give birth very soon. I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog so I can share it with you. It's a pattern by Annie Downs called "Simple Stitchings". She doesn't know the sex of the baby so I chose a mix of colours and I used fleece on the back to make it extra cuddly. Sadly my photo doesn't show the true colours...I hope she likes it!

I also completed a block for a friendship quilt and my gifts for the Christmas in July Swap, but I can't share them yet. Hope you're all having a lovely week!

11 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I'm sure she will love it Jo, it looks wonderful, I love Anni's patterns♥x

Unknown said...

Lovely Quilt Jo...Especially the Stitching.Will be a Welcomed Gift I'm sure...
cheers

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Love the colours and the stitcheries. She will cherish it, Im sure.

Lucky duck winning more thing. Well done. Hey the cows are waiting. lol

Sew Useful Designs said...

The quilt is just gorgeous, Jo! Your friend is going to have a wonderful surprise!

Hugs! Vikki x

Christine said...

Lovely gift, Jo. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled.

Fee said...

It looks great Jo - She is going to love it.

sewkalico said...

That's such a sweet quilt to make a little someone, I am sure it will be loved.

Melinda said...

Of course she'll love it, it's gorgeous.

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely quilt, Jo! So nice and soft. Love the stitcheries you added to it.

Leanne said...

Thats a beautiful quilt Jo. I'm sure your friend will love it.

DAWNIE said...

Your lucky friend - she will definitely love it . Handmade gifts are just the best