Wednesday 26 November 2008

Snugglybugs & Quilts4Hearts

Helen Stubbings from Hugs 'n Kisses organises quilts for ill children at the Royal Hobart Hospital under the banner of Snugglybugs. This is the third quilt I've contributed too (ignore the date, photo was taken with the work camera), it's on it's way now to be assembled into a quilt with the other donated blocks for a 14 year old girl.
It feels so good to be able to contribute in this way and hopefully bring a smile to their face and warmth to their bodies.
I also hope to tackle more projects like this in the future for another charity Quilts4Hearts , maybe this is something you'd like to do to, just click on the picture on my side bar.

Edit: Please bloghop over to a new blog and say Hi, tell her Jo in TAS sent you!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks JO for letting us know about these Charities...I have put my Hand up for Snugglebugs...I have made Charity Quilts in the past and am happy to do the odd block....
cheers

Isabella said...

I'd also be intrested in Snugglebugs I have email you at home re this

Sarah said...

What a great idea Jo!! Your block looks pretty! Are there certain sizes/designs you have to do once you sign up?
x sarah

SewAmy said...

that is a sweet block. I will hope over and check you the blog.

Julie said...

I gave you a blog award. Visit my blog to find out about it!

wonderwoman said...

that looks great Jo - i will pop over now and have a look.

xxx

Lenna Green of Stitching Cow said...

Hi Jo,
I am excited to have found your blog. I'm also a fellow blogger in Tassie.
Great to see that there are a few of us done here. I'm doing lots of blog hopping today, I'll hop to the next blog you suggested but I hope to return soon.
Warmly Lenna

Anonymous said...

wow Jo I have been catching up with your blog....so many beautiful things to look at! gorgeous

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Your quilt looks great. I bloghopped over to see Jess. Thanks for the tip.

Kris said...

Thanks for the info Jo! I'm always thinking I should do more for others. I appreciate the links.